This spicy apple chutney will complement almost any meat or cheese you choose to pair it with. It’s sweet, it’s spicy, it’s almost tangy, so good with a nice sharp cheddar or some prosciutto. It also pairs well with bone-in pork chops, but I’ll share that recipe gem with you guys in a few weeks. I used to be one of those people who was weirded out by fruits mixed with meats or greens but I was missing out. They really do pair well together!
Spicy Apple Chutney
- 3 Granny Smith apples peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 heaping tbsp. whole grain dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a stock pot.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently.
Simmer for about 45 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Use a hand masher to mash the ingredients once they've cooked and softened.