This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links below Wanderlust and Wellness may receive compensation.
Chicken wings are a staple in our house, like these hot honey mustard wings. Our house is divided between those who like the buffalo ranch chicken wings and those who like the sweet and spicy hot honey mustard wings. If you ask me, they’re both DEE-LICIOUS! These hot honey mustard chicken wings are another perfect appetizer to add to your NYE appetizer list, or maybe Super Bowl Sunday, or maybe just because you LOVE wings (like me)!
These hot honey mustard chicken wings are gluten-free and Paleo friendly because there’s absolutely no breading and the honey mustard sauce uses simple, healthier alternatives (no high fructose corn syrup here)! They’re sweet with a little kick but not so hot that you’ll feel like your face is melting. The key to getting a nice crispy outside without breading or frying is the baking and broiling process. You’ll never go back to breaded wings after you try this method.
Don’t forget to ring in the new year as the Hostess with the Mostest with this New Year’s Eve party guide featuring products from Target! I have hand selected my absolute FAVORITE items to include with your New Year’s Eve swaray this year! All of the products featured in this year’s New Year’s Eve Hostess with the Mostest party guide are all available at Target, and who doesn’t love Target, right?!? I searched and searched to find the absolute best items for your party. From drinks, to dining, to entertainment. I wanted to create a combination of chic but rustic because, well let’s be honest, it’s my favorite combination! The hammered copper, combined with the wooden serving items, plus the geode votive accent and a splash of woodland creatures. Let’s not forget about having FUN with Cards Against Humanity and That’s What She Said (a phrase I probably use way too often)! Check out the items below and grab them before the ball starts to drop!
- White Star Garland // $12.99
- That’s What She Said // $25.00
- 4-pc. Stemless Champagne Glass // $9.99
- 11 in. Deer Melamine Dinner Plate // $2.99
- Merry & Bright Drink Dispenser // $29.99
- Refinery Beer Caddy // $12.99
- Hammered Copper Wine Chiller // $19.99
- Gold Antler Tray // $19.99
- 5-pc. Rose Gold Silverware Set // $19.99
- Houdini Deluxe 3-pc. Cooper Wine Accessories // $29.99
- Hammered Copper 3-pc. Bar Tools Set // $16.99
- SPARQ Home Cedar Condiment Trio with Soapstone Bowls // $45.95
- Wood and Copper Star Tray // $34.99
- Sharper Image Soapstone Whiskey Stones // $9.99
- Bormioli Rocco Selecta 7-pc. Whiskey Set // $19.99
- Hammered Copper 4-pc. Coaster Set // $9.99
- Cards Against Humanity // $25.00
- Holiday Shot Glass Set // $6.99
- 24 Gold Luminaria Bags // $14.99
- Cheers Marquee Light // $39.99
- SPARQ Home Acacia Chip & Dip Platter with Soapstone Ramekin // $89.95
- Geode Votive Candle Holder // $14.99
Hot Honey Mustard Chicken Wings Recipe:
Hot Honey Mustard Wings
- 4 lbs. chicken wings/drummettes
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp. sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the wings/drummettes onto a broiler pan. If you don't have a broiler pan, line a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top of the pan. Place the wings onto the cooling rack.
Season wings with salt and pepper and place into the oven for 40 minutes.
In a small saucepan, combine the honey, dijon mustard, sriracha and red pepper flakes and heat on medium low, stirring occasionally.
After 40 minutes, remove wings from oven and dip individually into the sauce, placing back onto the broiler pan.
Once all wings are coated in the sauce, place back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, turn the oven to broil and broil for 3-5 minutes, watching closely. You'll want the sauce to char a little but not burn. This methods cooks the sauce into the wings.
Remove from oven, let cool slightly and serve.